Basic Air Conditioner Maintenance to Prevent Breakdown This Summer
Avoid Costly Repairs at the Worst Possible Time
Have you ever noticed how your air conditioner never seems to break down when the temperature is moderate and the weather is great?
Doesn't the same apply to your furnace? It will run 100% perfectly until the season turns really, really cold.
This isn't a coincidence, nor is it the Universe punishing you (we assume).
It makes a lot of sense when you think about it.
Your air conditioner works its hardest when it's really hot outside, and your furnace does the same when it's really cold. If either unit is having problems, then high intensity operation caused by temperature extremes only makes thing worse.
Wouldn't it be great to avoid that?
Your air conditioner is a complex machine just like your car or truck or computer. Like any complex machine, it suffers from wear and tear. An improperly maintained air conditioner is ripe for extreme temperature failure.
How do you keep an air conditioner running well? What air conditioning system maintenance should you be performing regularly?
Luckily, we can help you with that, and, fortunately, a lot of the same exact rules are going to apply to your furnace, heat pump, geothermal heat pump, or, really, whatever HVAC system you use.
Things to Do to Your HVAC System
- 1. The #1, most important thing you can ever do to any HVAC system is keep the air filters clean. We really, really can't stress this enough. Dirty filters reduce efficiency, increase wear and tear, and only make your life worse.
- 2. Refer to #1. Change your filters!
- 3. Schedule an annual maintenance check for your unit. Your air conditioner can benefit from a regular service check by a trained professional the same way you benefit from a yearly physical. Like your doctor, your HVAC technician can address minor problems before they become major problems.
- 4. Keep your air conditioner clean. Leaves, grass, and twigs caught in the cover do not help things. Clean them out and keep the vegetation cleared away from the unit.
- 5. Did we mention keep your filters cleaned?
Seems simple doesn't it?
It really is. Maintaining an air conditioner or furnace properly isn't hard. It does take a little time and perseverance.
However, if you do it properly, you'll get fewer breakdowns and potentially years of additional service life.
When you think about it that way, properly maintaining your unit makes you a whole lot of money.
Who doesn't love that?
Photo source: Flickr user jantik
At Clarksville HVAC we offer local pickup, next day shipping and toll free telephone support for all of our products. Call us today to discover how we can assist your business needs. From wholesale sign up to warranty registration - we are here to help.
Call 931-572-9595 for local availability.